SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION
The electrades.com website (the "Site") is produced by the Asian Media Information and Communication Centre ("Electrades ") . All use of the Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth below. By entering and using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood such Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them.
The Site is designed for educational purposes only. Electrades does not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend any products or services discussed or advertised on the Site or linked from the Site.
Electrades and its licensors retain all copyrights and other proprietary rights in or relating to any content, including any software, provided on the Site. You may download and print a small number of copies of the content for scientific or educational uses. You may not sell, transfer, reproduce, transmit, distribute, perform or display such content for any commercial purpose without the express consent of Electrades .
- Collection of Personal Information. Electrades may ask for information about our users at the point of registration. Such information may include name, age, education level, gender, e-mail address, zip code and areas of interest. This information tells us about the types of people (e.g., providers vs. patients, members vs. nonmembers) who use the Site and helps us tailor the Site to our audience.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information. Electrades will not sell or otherwise transfer or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties without the user's prior consent except as may be required by federal, state or local law, or by exigent circumstances. That means that Electrades will not disclose your name, e-mail address, street address or phone number without your consent. We may use your personally identifiable information to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in.
- Retention of User Information.
It is not possible for a user to delete his or her profile from our
database, nor is it feasible to delete all traces of a user's activity in
the system. Messages posted to bulletin boards are examples of user
activities that are not feasible to delete.
- Voluntary Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information on Bulletin Boards, News Groups and Chat Rooms, and other Interactive Areas (collectively "Interactive Areas").Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (for example, user name, e-mail address) on an Interactive Area of the Site, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in the user's communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Electrades and Electrades is not responsible for the discoverability of any user's identity by methods beyond our control.
- Cookie Technology. Electrades collects non-personal identification information through the use of "cookie" technology and/or Internet Protocol ("IP") address tracking. Cookies are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat users and facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the site. Non-personal identification information might include the browser used by the user, the type of computer, the operating systems, the Internet service providers and other similar information. The Electrades system also automatically gathers information about the areas the user visits on the Site and about the links the user may select from within the Site to other sites.
- Links to other sites.
Users will find advertising or other content on the Site that enable linking
to the sites of Electrades advertisers and other third parties. These
third party sites may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all.
has no control over and is not responsible for the content displayed on such
sites, nor over the measures, if any, that are taken by such sites to
protect the privacy of user information. Users should check the privacy
policy of any third party site before providing personally identifiable
- Security of Information.Electrades is committed to keeping user information secure, and uses industry standard technology in an attempt to achieve that goal.
- Parental Permission.Electrades does not intend that children will use the Site. Some of the information available on the Site may not be appropriate for children. USERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST OBTAIN PARENTAL PERMISSION TO USE THE SITE. Adults should not assist unauthorized children to access the Site. Electrades will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors under 18 years of age.
Electrades also may use your profile
information on an aggregate basis -- without personal identifiers -- to
develop and display new features and content for the Site, and to provide
others with aggregate information about our users and the usage patterns of
the Site. Electrades also may perform statistical analyses of user
behavior (on an aggregate basis) in order to measure interest in and use of
the various areas of the Site.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ADVERTISING ON Electrades .com.sg
THE SITE ALSO MAY CONTAIN ADVERTISEMENTS BY THIRD PARTIES. Electrades MAY RECEIVE ROYALTIES FROM SUCH ADVERTISERS. Electrades DOES NOT ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, WARRANT, OR RECOMMEND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE CONTAINED IN ADVERTISEMENTS.
USE OF INTERACTIVE AREAS
Electrades may provide interactive forums, chat rooms, news groups, bulletin boards and other interactive areas ("Interactive Areas") on the Site. If you use any of the Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting those communications. Electrades does not assume any responsibility for the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any material posted on any Interactive Area, or of consequences of any Interactive Area communications on or arising from use of the Site. IN CASES WHERE YOU FEEL THREATENED OR BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE IS IN DANGER, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IMMEDIATELY.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Interactive Areas, you agree not to engage in the following activities:
- Using an Interactive Area for any purpose
in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the
intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity
rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful,
obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or
embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity as determined
by Electrades at its sole discretion;
- Posting material that contains any virus,
worm, Trojan horse or other code which may contaminate or destroy the
files or programs of Electrades or its users;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of
- After receiving a warning, continuing to
disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments that are not related
to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use
your identification to post or view comments;
- Posting the same note more than once
(i.e., "spamming"); or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas, or which, in the judgment of Electrades , exposes Electrades or any of its users or Sponsors to any liability or detriment of any type.
Electrades reserves the right but is not obligated to record the dialogue in public chat rooms. Electrades does not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users, or any other person or entity. If notified by a user of communication(s) which are alleged not to conform to the terms of this Section, Electrades may but is not obligated to investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s). Electrades reserves the right but is not obligated to remove or edit communications which are abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Conditions. In addition to the removal rights described above, Electrades reserves the right to terminate a user's access to any or all Interactive Areas at any time, without or without notice, in the exercise of its sole discretion.
Electrades reserves the right but is not obligated to monitor, edit, or disclose any posting on the Interactive Areas for lack of adherence to the Conditions, if required in the course of normal operation and maintenance of Electrades , or if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with the law or comply with legal process served; (ii) protect and defend the rights of Electrades or others; or (iii) protect the personal safety of our users, Sponsors, or the public. Electrades HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY TO USERS OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED SCREENING ACTIVITIES.
Electrades MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, WARRANTIES OR UNDERTAKINGS CONTRARY TO THOSE SET FORTH ABOVE.
BY ENTERING THE Electrades SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF electrades.com, THAT THE PROVISIONS, DISCLOSURES AND DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FAIR AND REASONABLE, AND THAT YOUR AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THEM IS VOLUNTARY AND IS NOT THE RESULT OF FRAUD, DURESS OR UNDUE INFLUENCE EXERCISED UPON YOU BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY.
YOU ALSO AGREE TO HOLD Electrades AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, COMPLAINT OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
LAST REVISED DATE: June 2004